Please Call (619) 466-6077
We help you breathe better and move better in your life! We provide skilled functional training, progressive therapeutic exercise training, disease education, nutritional counseling and a pulmonary support group if you have any chronic lung disease: including COPD, Emphysema, Chronic Bronchitis, Chronic Asthma, IPF, RLD, and before or after your lung surgery.
Your rehab team at La Mesa Rehab will consist of a Respiratory Therapist and a Physical Therapist working closely with your Physician to develop a plan that is tailored to your needs and abilities.
The Goals of the La Mesa Rehab Comprehensive Pulmonary Rehabilitation Program
- To reduce your number of hospitalizations and re-admissions
- To reduce and control your SOB (shortness of breath) during activities at home, exercise and walking in the community
- To increase your pulmonary capacity by improving your posture, breathing techniques, and strength.
- To educate you on the medical condition affecting your lungs, different treatment options, and coping strategies.
- To educate you on maintaining healthy behaviors such as smoking cessation, good nutrition, stress management, and exercise.
- To increase your strength and balance to reduce your risk of a fall.
- To teach you to conserve your energy with pacing and planning.
Our comprehensive approach provides the best outcomes for people with a chronic/acute pulmonary disease.
You will be working with both a Respiratory Therapist and a Physical Therapist. At the end of your program you may also have several sessions with our Occupational Therapist for specific training in activities of daily living in your home environment.
Each session will begin with taking your vitals – blood pressure, oxygen saturation level, heart rate – training with an incentive spirometer and balloon therapy. Your sessions will address strengthening all of your muscles of respiration and increasing your strength, endurance and balance.
8380 Center Drive, Suite E
La Mesa, CA 91942
Phone: (619) 466-6077
Fax: (619) 466-6118
Mon-Fri - 9:00 am - 5:00 pm