Please Call (619) 466-6077
More than 35 million adults in the US live with lung disease. This includes COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease), Emphysema and Chronic Bronchitis, and other lung diseases such as Pulmonary Hypertension, Bronchiectasis, Cystic Fibrosis, Asthma and Interstitial Lung Disease (Pulmonary Fibrosis) and now Covid-19. The common denominator in all these diseases is that is published medical research states that the benefits of pulmonary rehabilitation are more effective than other therapies such as drugs (inhalers, steroids), and results in a better quality of life for those living with lung disease. It has been shown that Pulmonary Rehab reduces the chance of hospitalizations and improves endurance and overall longevity.
Your rehab team at La Mesa Rehab will consist of a Respiratory Therapist and a Physical Therapist working closely with your Physician to develop a plan that is tailored to your needs and abilities.
The Goals of the La Mesa Rehab Comprehensive Pulmonary Rehabilitation Program
- To reduce your number of hospitalizations and re-admissions
- To reduce and control your SOB (shortness of breath) during activities at home, exercise and walking in the community
- To increase your pulmonary capacity by improving your posture, breathing techniques, and strength.
- To educate you on the medical condition affecting your lungs, different treatment options, and coping strategies.
- To educate you on maintaining healthy behaviors such as smoking cessation, good nutrition, stress management, and exercise.
- To increase your strength and balance to reduce your risk of a fall.
- To teach you to conserve your energy with pacing and planning.
Our comprehensive approach to Pulmonary Rehab provides the best and longest lasting outcomes for people with chronic or acute pulmonary disease.
You will be working with both a Respiratory Therapist and a Physical Therapist to address breathing mechanics and muscle energetics. Your program will be designed according to your specific lung condition and stage of life to provide optimum benefits.
Each session begins with getting your oxygen levels, blood pressure, heart rate and daily symptoms. Our Medical Director will review your past medical history and medications which play a significant part of your program design.
8380 Center Drive, Suite E
La Mesa, CA 91942
Phone: (619) 466-6077
Fax: (619) 466-6118
Mon-Fri - 9:00 am - 5:00 pm